Monday 21 July 2014

Gods Own Junkyard

So summer is in full swing and a scorcher this year. An outing was long overdue, plus I needed an excuse to take my new baby out. I have FINALLY upgraded my camera to a Nikon D3200 and I wanted to see what this baby had to offer, so I packed my bag, put on my best walking shoes and grabbed a companion and headed to Gods Own Junkyard...

Situated in Walthamstow, a hidden gem among warehouses and a brewery, you would only know about this place from research or word of mouth, I kind of stumbled across it while researching neon art for an art piece I was interested in completed (come to think of it I haven't even started yet). So off I went to fulfil my love of all things neon.

Some info for you all Gods Own Junkyard contains neon artworks, vintage neons, old movie props and retro displays. Neon art made from found objects and lights, vintage fairground and circus... What's not to love...




 




 




 





 


Club Tropicana drinks are ffffrrreee ahahah






Proving that everything Turkish is a trophy

As we walked out to leave I saw this sign, I live, dream and breathe neon!!
 
 
So our adventure was over, my eyes had been exposed to all things neon and my camera had well and truly been tested, my stomache was talking and calling Nando's so we headed to Liverpool Street. After a fine meal we had a walk about which led us to a tarot card reader, but that's another story for another time...
 
With Love,
Yeliz xoxo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment