Saturday 9 September 2017

Placements, contracts and farewells

So back in the swing of things, and here goes the start of many posts...

After a week long orientation of lectures, workshops, Korean classes and scraping by to make curfew the time had come to sign the contract and find out where my home will be for the next year. When entering EPIK you can choose a specific area, or if you are like me and Geographically inadequate you simply say I will go anywhere, to anyone who wants me haha. Obviously Seoul was my one and only choice as it is the only city I really know in South Korea, but like I said I was open to other regions and provinces. 

So, pen to paper I was about to sign, this heavy worded contract being my only thing standing between me and a job. I can safely say here is where the journey started, as here is where you find out your city and how many schools you will be trekking around to. And there in black and white on the big screen I see Yeliz Hussein and the word Pohang. Where the hell is Pohang? Well here is some wikipedia shit for you now...

Pohang (Korean pronunciation: [pʰo.ɦaŋ]) is a city in North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea, and a main seaport in the Daegu-Gyeongbuk region. The built-up area of Pohang is located on the alluvium of the mouth of the Hyeongsan River. The city is divided into two wards (gu), Buk-gu or Northern Ward (북구/北區) and Nam-gu or Southern Ward (남구/南區).

This city has the largest population of North Gyeongsang Province and it has the third largest land area of any city in South Korea

Yooooo this is my new city! I mean whhhaaa hahaha.

After signing and talking to everyone I was lucky to find I was placed with others, so had people with me to forgo this journey. 

Right after signing and rejoicing with 2 of 3 lovelies in my city ( Mark and Avi)

After signing and finally knowing that I will be placed and have 2 schools, both elementary it was time to pack up, say farewell to all the amazing people I avoided as I am socially phobic and dream about what is in store. All this while trying to go on one last night out and not break curfew haha.

Needless to say, curfew was made but drinking responsibly was not something I managed, so now sat on a bus with my cap covering my shame, being transported to my new life and new city...

What comes next is nothing short of amazing, hope you stick round for the journey...

With love,
Yeliz 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment