Saturday 9 September 2017

South Korea!!

Hello all!!

Haven't really blogged in like... FOREVER!! Well that is what happens when you life is one whole big train wreck and no matter what you do there is always something there pulling you in the carnage!!

So let's start anew, let's start from the point I had a crazy idea to work abroad and for once in my life actually stuck to it!

This is going to be a very wordy post, so if you don't want to read on I suggest leave now...

So all of those who stuck around, I thank you.

I have always had a love for East Asia from watching animations, eating the food and generally speaking the culture difference. I finished uni and wanted to travel, BUT at 23 I was told I didn't know what I wanted. My best friend years later worked in China for a year, she was living my dream! So I applied crazily, only to feel guilt at wanting to leave. So last year September I took the plunge!! I started researching every which way I could without a single thought, I then stumbled upon EPIK (English Program In Korea... And needless to say, HERE I AM!!!

I just wanted to briefly outline my crazy decision to pack up and work abroad for a year. The next few posts will be my opinions so please remember this is not how it may be for everyone.

So let's start! EPIK was the most stressful process I have ever had to do, but proving to be the most rewarding as well. I went through two forms, months of paperwork a TEFL course and getting everything from degrees to birth certs apostilised and notarised! I then had to do the toughest thing ever and say goodbye to my family and friends and board the plane to Korea, not knowing where I will be living for the year or if I would make any friends, but here we go...

Next posts will be way more fun I promise

Love always
Yeliz
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment